The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) will begin accepting applications for the 2016 ITEP Cycle starting May 2, 2016 through June 17, 2016. ITEP is designed to promote and develop alternative transportation options, including bike and pedestrian travel, along with streetscape beautification. The federal funds are awarded competitively and projects must be related to surface transportation.
Roughly $29 million will be available to award for selected projects. Federal funding levels vary from 50-80% based on project phase(s), with a local match of 20-50%. Some projects may only receive partial funding.
ITEP Application Information:
- 2016 ITEP Guidelines Manual
- ITEP Application Database
- ITEP Application Checklist
- ITEP Sample Application
Timeline – 2016 ITEP Cycle 12:
- ITEP Application Submission Period: May 2, 2016 – June 17, 2016
- ITEP Review and Selection Process: June, 2016 – August, 2016
- Announcement of Selected Projects: Fall 2016
The ITEP will be a two-year cycle with the next call for projects anticipated to be in spring 2018.